By Alexandra Sokoloff
[epub conversion from retail]
Learn tips to write your personal romance novels or scripts via staring at and studying from the romantic video clips you love!
From award-winning writer and screenwriter Alexandra Sokoloff: the second one in her acclaimed Screenwriting tips For Authors sequence, with a unique emphasis on writing love stories.
Whether you're a printed writer or a brand-new one, this tremendous useful and inspiring workbook will take you step-by-step throughout the key tale components and strategies of crafting a romance, with examples from romantic comedy, romantic suspense, and romantic event, together with ten complete tale breakdowns of renowned romantic movies.
Screenwriting is a compressed and dynamic storytelling shape that includes huge, immense emotional strength, and the thoughts of screenwriting are simply adaptable to novel writing. you could jump-start your plot and convey your characters and scenes vibrantly alive at the web page - through looking at your favourite video clips and studying from the storytelling methods of the filmmakers YOU love.
"Sokoloff's recommendation is spot-on, and her educating sort is direct and powerful. a must have ebook for authors and screenwriters."
--- Bestselling writer JA Konrath, A Newbie's advisor To Publishing
"Sokoloff is a beneficiant mentor with the proficient skill to deal with a storyteller's sensible matters whereas encouraging inventive integrity and each author's certain voice. purely 3 of my part dozen novels were written along with her unwitting tips, yet i will be able to be sure that with this booklet at my fingertips, all my destiny paintings- and my examining viewers - will make the most of her recommendation. urged with out reservation. "
--- Vicki Pettersson, writer of the signal of the Zodiac series
"I enjoyed this publication! Alexandra Sokoloff breaks down the screenwriting approach in easy-to-understand steps with examples from present videos and the simplest functional examples. Her targeted and regularly plenty of enjoyable classes are empowering for first-time writers in addition to people with entire screenplays seeking to take their undertaking to the following point. Indispensable."
--- George LaVoo, co-writer genuine girls Have Curves, writer/director A puppy Year
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART ONE: tale STRUCTURE
1. The grasp List
2. What's Your Premise?
3. First, you would like an Idea
4. what sort of tale Is It?
5. The Three-Act, Eight-Sequence Structure
6. The Index Card Method
7. tale parts Checklist
8. components of Act I
9. Plan, significant query, imperative tale Action
10. What's The Plan?
11. Hero/ine, Protagonist, major Character
12. Hero and Heroine, Lover and enjoyed One
13. What Makes an outstanding Villain?
14. components of Act Two
15. components of Act , half 2
16. parts of Act Three
17. most sensible Ten Endings
18. What Makes an outstanding Climax?
19. Act Climaxes evaluate and Examples
20. increasing at the Key tale Elements
21. elevated tale components Checklist
22. Love tale Elements
23. Fairy story Structure
24. Meta Structure
25. what's "High Concept"?
26. the rule of thumb of Three
28. First Chapters
29. subject matter and Thematic photograph Systems
30. visible Storytelling
31. growing Suspense
32. vegetation and Payoffs
33. the large Twist
34. personality Introductions
35. utilizing personality Clusters
36. Your First Draft is usually Going to Suck
37. most sensible Ten issues i do know approximately Editing
38. A strategy for Writing
PART : tale BREAKDOWNS
39. The Breakdowns
40. bounce Year
41. if you have been Sleeping42. Notting Hill
43. 4 Weddings and a Funeral
44. The Proposal
45. New in Town
46. Groundhog Day
47. experience and Sensibility
48. Romancing the Stone
49. Sea of Love
PART 3: THE BUSINESS
50. existence is a Pitch Meeting
51. How Do i am getting a Literary Agent?
52. net assets for Writers
53. so that you need to know approximately Screenwriting
54. instructed Reading