Download The 4-Hour Chef: The Simple Path to Cooking Like a Pro, by Timothy Ferriss PDF
By Timothy Ferriss
“If you crossed Jason Bourne with Julia baby, you’d turn out with Tim Ferriss.” – Marco Canora, Chef-Partner of fireplace & Terroir
"Tim Ferriss distills kitchen knowledge like a rotary evaporator on energy surge. the implications are powerful, lucid, and delicious." - Nick Kokonas, Co-Owner, Alinea, subsequent, The Aviary
WHAT for those who may perhaps turn into WORLD-CLASS IN something IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS?
The 4-Hour Chef isn’t only a cookbook. It’s a choose-your-own-adventure consultant to the area of speedy learning.
#1 ny occasions bestselling writer (and lifelong non-cook) Tim Ferriss takes you from new york to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets and techniques of the world’s quickest rookies and maximum cooks. Ferriss makes use of cooking to provide an explanation for “meta-learning,” a step by step technique that may be used to grasp whatever, no matter if searing steak or capturing 3-pointers in basketball. that's the actual “recipe” of The 4-Hour Chef.
You'll teach contained in the kitchen for every little thing open air the kitchen. that includes assistance and tips from chess prodigies, world-renowned cooks, seasoned athletes, grasp sommeliers, tremendous types, and everybody in among, this “cookbook for those who don’t purchase cookbooks” is a consultant to studying cooking and life.
The 4-Hour Chef is a five-stop trip throughout the artwork and technological know-how of learning:
1. META-LEARNING. ahead of you discover ways to prepare dinner, you want to learn how to study. META charts the trail to doubling your studying potential.
2. THE family. DOM is the place you study the construction blocks of cooking. those are the ABCs (techniques) which could take you from Dr, Seuss to Shakespeare.
3. THE WILD. turning into a grasp scholar calls for self-sufficiency in all issues. WILD teaches you to seek, forage, and survive.
4. THE SCIENTIST. SCI is the mad scientist and modernist painter wrapped into one. this is often the place you rediscover whimsy and wonder.
5. the pro. Swaraj, a time period often linked to Mahatma Gandhi, should be translated as “self-rule.” In professional, we’ll examine how the easiest on the planet turn into the simplest on the planet, and the way you could chart your personal course a ways past this ebook.